Photocopying Music Publications at Church
Licences: Church Copyright Licence (CCL) and the Music Reproduction Licence (MRL)
Available as an addition to the Church Copyright Licence (CCL), the Music Reproduction Licence (MRL) permits you to photocopy words and music directly from authorised music publications such as Songs of Fellowship, The Source and Mission Praise.
With both the CCL & MRL you can:
- Photocopy the words and music of hymns and worship songs from authorised music books.
- Type song words into your computer and store them for later use.
- Include song words on service sheets and handouts for your congregation.
- Create your own OHP acetates.
- Create your own song words database for use with projection software.
- Audio/video record music from your services for those unable to attend, or as a keepsake.
- Create customised musical arrangements of songs where no published version is available
The number of publishers covered by these licences increases continually. Click here to view the lists.
Licence fees are based on the average aggregate attendance at your main service.
View the fees for all our licences.
Using your MRL:
- Copyright lines - At the bottom of each photocopy you must write: Copied by permission. MRL Licence No. [Your Licence No.]
- Reporting - Under the Terms of Agreement of your licence you are also required to report which songs you photocopy. Click here for CopyReport.
- Contact Details - As your licence is held by your church you are required to provide CCLI with contact details so we can contact you with updates to your licence.
Links to other pages in this section:
Not sure which licences you need?
Check the Quick Guide Licence Table for a quick glance.
Links to: Licence Fees / Apply Now / SongSelect / Create / FAQs / Terms of Agreement